Activation and request rules
Email addresses associated with a person and basic cloud services
Activation and extension
The activation of the basic cloud services and the e-mail address coincide and follow two methods described below and indicated in the summary table.
A = Auto, notified via email to the personal address
A* = Auto, notified via email to the personal address. All basic cloud services are activated except Microsoft365App.
RR: Activation of the service following a request from the interested party made to the Responsabile di struttura[?], (Department in the case of professors) or delegate. All basic cloud services are activated except Microsoft365App.
The Head of the structure, or delegate, can request the service or the extension via online form.
The deactivation of the basic cloud services is carried out after 30 days from the closure of the career and is notified by email on the institutional mailbox.
The transition from Laurea to Laurea magistrale does not entail the deactivation.
The deactivation of the email address follows different methods described below and indicated in the summary table depending on the type of career and its conclusion:
- the address will remain active without any expiry date if one achieves at least one these title: Laurea Ciclo Unico, Laurea Primo Livello, Laurea Specialistica, Laurea Magistrale, Laurea vecchio ordinamento, Diploma universitario, Scuola di specializzazione, PhD.
- if the study career ends (drops out, transferred, deceased or resigns) without title, the address remains active for 30 days from the date the study period ends.
D1 Staff Polimi:
- in the case of retirement the email address will remain active without any expiry date.
- after 30 days from the end of the career if dismissed, resigned or at the end of a fixed-term contract.
D2: the address will be deactivated on the 30th of April of the year after that of the academic year the contract was granted (for example, academic year 12/13 => expiry on 30/04/14)
D3: after 30 days from the end of the career/collaboration.
- 1 semester => 30/09/yy+1 y
- 2 semester => 28/02/yy+2 y
- Annual => 28/02/yy+2 y
|Technical and Administrative Staff (open-ended contract/fixed term contract)||@polimi.it||A||D1|
|Area manager (open-ended contract/fixed term contract)||@polimi.it||A||D1|
|Full and Associates Professors (not researchers)||@polimi.it||A||D1|
|External Professors (contract, substitute external,external for free)||@polimi.it||A*||D2|
|Researchers(open-ended contract/fixed term contract)||@polimi.it||A||D1|
|Research grants firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D1|
|Staff in “somministrazione di lavoro a tempo determinato”||@polimi.it||A||D1|
|Collaboration contract email@example.com||RR||D1|
|Students enrolles at Laurea Ciclo Unico, Primo livello, Specialistica, Magistrale, Vecchio ordinamento, Diploma firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D1|
|Incoming students from international exchange email@example.com||A||D3|
|Incoming students from exchange projects with Italian firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D3|
|Students on PhD Programmesemail@example.com||A||D1|
|Visiting PhD firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D3|
|Students on University Masters Coursesemail@example.com||A||D1|
|Students on specialisation firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D1|
|Students in Specialisation Schoolsemail@example.com||A||D1|
|Students on singol firstname.lastname@example.org||A||D3|
|Studenti Tirocinio Formativo Attivoemail@example.com||A||D3|
|Piecework / P.IVA Freelancefirstname.lastname@example.org||RR||D3|
|Staff of Service email@example.com||RR||D3|
|Staff Fondazione Politecnicofirstname.lastname@example.org||A*||D3|
Functional email addresses
The Head of structure[?], or is delegate, must:
- See Help and setup: Naming
- send the request via Form online
Il Head of structure[?], or delegate, must:
- Propose a name compliant with the naming rules, see Help and setup: Naming
- send the activation request via the Online form