Access to electronic bibliographic resources
The service allows you to “automatically” access all bibliographic electronic resources (e-books, electronic journals and databases) outside the university network, as if you were within the university network.
Students, professors and technical/administrative staff.
The service is available immediately to all users on configuration and creation of their credentials.
Login with Shibboleth federated/institutional authentication
Alternative to proxy
A consistent subset of the resources is accessible from outside the Politecnico via university authentication without proxy configuration.
- You must verify the possibility of access through university authentication on each resource. Each resource has its own path and vocabulary: you may find denominations like: institutional / federated / federated shibbolet access / via your library …
- Once you have found access, you will be redirected to the university authentication mask
In some cases it may be required to select the institution of belonging / origin, in this case select Politecnico di Milano and then access the university authentication mask
- Authentication must be repeated for each resource
- No configuration is needed
- Access to resources is disconnected from the device in use
Some resources after authentication offer the possibility to customize their consultation space with, for example, notifications, rss, lists …