Proxy and federated access
Access to electronic bibliographic resources
Access all the electronic bibliographic subscription resources (e-books, electronic journals and databases) “automatically” from outside the University network, as if you were within the university network.
There are two options for accessing resources:
- Proxy service
It allows access to all resources and provides for the configuration of the device in use
- Login with Shibboleth institutional / federated authentication
It allows access to a substantial subset of resources through the use of university authentication only.
Students, professors and technical/administrative staff.
A consistent subset of the resources (eg. elsevier, proquest..) is accessible from outside the Politecnico via university authentication without proxy configuration.
- This option is particularly useful if you are unable to configure the proxy
- Various editorial platforms allow the customization of the resource consultation space following access through authentication.
- You must verify the possibility of access through university authentication on each resource. Each resource has its own path and vocabulary: you may find denominations like: institutional / federated / federated shibbolet access / via your library …
Once access is found, you will be redirected to the university authentication mask
- In some cases, it may be necessary to select the institution of belonging / origin, in this case select Politecnico di Milano and then access the university authentication mask
- The authentication must be repeated for each resource
- No configuration is needed
- Access to resources is disconnected from the device in use
- Some resources after authentication offer the ability to customize your consultation space with, for example, notifications, rss, lists …