Mail and cloud services
Terms and conditions of use of the services
The e-mail and cloud storage services made available by the University must be used by users in compliance with the following conditions:
- in full compliance with current legislation concerning privacy, copyright protection and the use of information technology and communication systems
- adhering to the current policies defined by the GARR and by the University listed below
- avoiding to interfere with use of the services by other users
- avoiding activities aimed at fraudulently accessing the accounts of other users or services without the necessary authorisation
- exclusively for activities consistent with the institutional aims of the University as defined by the current Statute of the Politecnico di Milano
- accept full liability for the content sent by e-mail or uploaded to allocated storage and possibly shared with others (whether users of the University information system or external recipients)
- undertake, in particular, not to upload or disseminate, in any format:
- defamatory, obscene, discriminatory, reserved or otherwise illegal content
- malware, i.e. software that can damage computers, programs, files or data
- accept full criminal and civil liability and any costs arising from the improper use of the abovementioned services
- at the same time exempt the University from any claim or action that might be taken against the University itself by any person as a result of such improper use.
- The Italian Network of University and Scientific Research, commonly called the “GARR Network”, is based on scientific and academic cooperation projects between universities, schools and Italian public research institutions. Consequently, the GARR Network service is intended primarily for the community which is related to the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). However, there is the possibility of extending the service to other realities, such as those pertaining to other ministries that have a specific agreement with the Consortium GARR or others that are engaged in research in Italy, especially but not exclusively, in the case of non-profit organisations engaged in partnerships with the community relating to the MIUR. The use of the Net is however subject to compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) by all GARR users.
- The “GARR Network Service”, afterwards referred to as “GARR Network”, is made up of telematic connection services, network management services, application services and all those tools interoperability (made directly or on behalf of the Consortium GARR) that allow authorized parties to access the network to communicate with each other (national GARR Network). The links and e- services that enable the interconnection between the national GARR Network and other networks form an integral part of the GARR network.
- The following activities are not allowed on the GARR Network:
- Permit unauthorized individuals to access the GARR Network connectivity service network or other services which may include such permission , for example the provision of housing, hosting and the like, or to allow data and / or information on the GARR Network to be passed between two parties via unauthorized access GARR network (third party routing)
- To use services or network resources, connect equipment or services or software to the network, spread viruses, hoaxes or other programs in a way that can damage or disturb other people, users or services available on the GARR Network and those to which it may be connected;
- Create or transmit (other than for purposes of research or in a controlled and legal manner) any image, data or other material which is offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or that may offend human dignity, especially regarding sex, race or belief;
- transmit any commercial and / or unsolicited advertising (“spam”), or allowing third parties to use it or its resources for this activity;
- damage, destroy, attempt to gain unauthorized access to data or violate the privacy of other users, including the interception or disclosure of passwords, encryption keys and other sensitive “personal data” as defined by the laws on the protection of privacy;
- Carry out on the GARR network any other activity prohibited by Italian Law, by the International rules, regulations and practices (“Netiquette”) of use of other networks and of network services that may be accessed.
Institutional activities are defined as any activity related to the performance of duties prescribed by the statutes of an authorized person, including activities within the conventions or agreements approved by the competent bodies, provided the use is for institutional purposes. These include, research, teaching and administrative functions of the subjects and between authorized subjects and research activities for third parties, with the exclusion of all cases not explicitly allowed in this document. Other subjects who are entitled to temporary access to the Internet (TA) can only perform the activities specified in their authorization. The final decision on the eligibility of a given activity on the GARR network remains the prerogative of the Consortium GARR Management Bodies.